For more than 30 years Thomas J. Ashenden has been dedicated to representing injured people who have been the victims of negligence. Ashenden & Associates during that time has been handling catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from negligence involving automobiles, trucks colliding with automobiles, trucks colliding with other trucks, premises liability, medical negligence, hotel and apartment negligence due to inadequate security and Workers’ Compensation claims.
TRUCK CASES, TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES, PREMISES LIABILITY, NURSING HOME ABUSE AND NEGLECT
Mr. Ashenden has represented many clients who have been victimized by the negligence and gross negligence of tractor trailer truck drivers. Some of the largest recoveries in his 30 years have come as a result of thorough investigation and preparation of these cases.
Mr. Ashenden has also taken great pride in representing victims of traumatic brain injuries, premises liability, nursing home abuse and neglect and their surviving families.
Member: Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Tom Ashenden was honored to become certified as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum based in Santa Cruz, CA on 9/25/00. The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is recognized as the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. Please see the firm’s “Honors and Awards” page.
RECOGNIZED FOR HIGHEST LEVELS OF SKILL AND INTEGRITY
Martindale-Hubbell is the authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession and Thomas J. Ashenden has an “AV Rating.” “An ‘AV Rating’ shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence. He or she has usually practiced law for many years, and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity,” according to Martindale-Hubbell.
TOM ASHENDEN’S MEMBERSHIPS AND HONORS
- Member of the Georgia State Bar and all Courts in Georgia since 1981
- General Practice and Trial Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Tort and Insurance Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation Section, State Bar of Georgia
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), Sustaining Member
- Trucking Case & Litigation Section, AAJ
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Supporting Member
- In 2008 named to Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers in America (following years of attaining an AV rating, which according to Martindale-Hubbell means highest Professional and ethical standards).
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, certified member
- “Leading Plaintiff’s Lawyers in America, The Law Dragon 3000″, Member Peoples Law School, Past Chairman
- Lecturer: How to Protect Yourself with the Insurance Coverage You Need
- Author: Co-author of the PI chapter of “Georgia Methods of Practice”, West Publishing.
- Admitted to practice in the Georgia Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice in the Georgia Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine
Tom has served as judge and instructor to law students participating in mock trial competitions hosted by the American Association for Justice.
Tom Ashenden regularly serves as a jail minister for inmates at the Fulton County Jail on Rice Street.
Tom and his wife, Beverly Ashenden, have been married for 31 years and have a daughter, Katie, who is a college student at DePaul University.