Although everyone makes mistakes, some mistakes are caused by another’s clear disregard for human safety. If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
The attorneys at Ashenden & Associates, P.C., bring more than 45 years of collective experience in personal injury law. Our highly skilled personal injury attorneys in Atlanta will tirelessly work to ensure you receive just compensation.
Common Causes and Types of Personal Injuries
The personal injury attorneys at Ashenden & Associates, P.C., represent a wide array of clients in all areas of personal injury law. Some of the most common types of personal injury cases in Atlanta include:
- Auto Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Premises Liability
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
Types of Damages in Atlanta Personal Injury Cases
Compensatory damages are designed to compensate the plaintiff for any losses associated with the injury. While medical expenses and property damages are relatively easy to place a value on, other losses are much more challenging to quantify.
Common forms of compensatory damages include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages are awarded when the injuries prevent the plaintiff from enjoying their normal day-to-day activities.
- Emotional distress damages are linked to more serious accidents and compensate the victim for psychological impact of the personal injury case.
- Loss of consortium damages relate to the impact of the accident on spousal relationships, such as the loss of companionship and all aspects of the marriage.
- Pain and suffering includes compensation for physical pain, shock, anxiety, loss of future capacity to work or earn a living, disfigurement or physical scarring, and concern about the injury’s impact on the future.
Pain and suffering damages are determined by “the enlightened consciences of the jury.”
Other types of damages include:
- Medical treatment compensation includes the cost of current and future medical expenses associated with the accident.
- Property loss compensation is a fair market assessment of all property that was damaged or lost in the accident.
- Income compensation covers current and potential future losses of income associated with the trauma.
Punitive Damages in Georgia Personal Injury Cases
Punitive damages are awarded when the defendant’s actions showed willful misconduct, malice, or wantonness; or that entire want of care raises the presumption of conscious indifference to the consequences. These monies may be awarded in addition to any compensatory damages. While compensatory damages are based on the principle of indemnity (to make one whole), punitive damages are exemplary and designed to punish those deemed to be grossly negligent. Punitive damages are awarded to punish, penalize, or deter a defendant from certain conduct.
Contact the Premier Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys for Case Evaluation
If you feel as if you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for your losses. Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys offer over 45 years of collective experience and outstanding case results. The Atlanta attorneys of Ashenden & Associates, P.C., practice exclusively in matters involving personal injuries.
If you have been injured at no fault of your own and are seeking justice for the loss of a loved one, the experienced Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Ashenden & Associates, P.C. will fight for your fair compensation. Contact Ashenden & Associates P.C. for a free case evaluation or call (770) 394-8909 today to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers.